All-Star Game Lineups
Lineup vs. National League:
RHP Justin Verlander
Lineup vs. American League:
RHP Matt Cain
And now onto today’s top stories in Yankees Universe:
– Joba Chamberlain pitched early this morning for the Gulf Coast Yankees and looked impressive. He went a hit-less inning giving up 1 unearned run and 2 strikeouts. This was the first time Chamberlain got into game action since having Tommy John Surgery last season. He believes he could be back to the Yankees by August 1st.
– David Aardsma got the results from his tests from his doctor and according to him all is well. Aardsma is just waiting for the doctor to give him the green light on when he can throw again.
– It didn’t seem like it was a possibility but today Mariano Rivera‘s rehab doctor Dr. Pyne revealed that Mariano Rivera might be able to pitch in 2012 after all. He says that since Rivera had did some pre-rehabilitation work before the surgery, he is in an advanced recovery state where he could possibly get on a mound by the end of the year.
– Well that didn’t last long. After telling Reggie Jackson to stay away from the Yankees indefinitely, Brian Cashman is now saying that Reggie Jackson could be back with the team on Friday.
– And last but not least, Brett Gardner will most likely be back in the next 2 weeks. Cashman and Gardner both gave the target date of July 27 in which he could return to the majors. Gardner had already been shut down twice during his rehab.Maybe third times a charm?
Posted on July 10, 2012, in Game Threads, Misc. News and tagged Brett Gardner, Curtis Granderson, David Aardsma, Derek Jeter, Joba Chamberlain, Mariano Rivera, New York Yankees, Reggie Jackson, Robinson Cano. Bookmark the permalink. 56 Comments.