Yankees Offseason Notes: Joe Girardi’s press conference
Good evening Yankees fans. Today Joe Girardi had his final press conference of the 2012 season and discussed some Yankees. Here was the gist of what Girardi said.
– CC Sabathia hasn’t visited Dr. Andrews but Girardi believes Sabathia will be ready for Spring Training.
– Girardi hasn’t spoken to Alex Rodriguez since the end of the postseason and he said that Rodriguez was (totally) healthy during the playoffs. Girardi also said that Alex Rodriguez will be the everyday third baseman.
– Girardi said Ichiro was a treat to be around but he’s not sure if the Yankees will try to bring him back.
– He hasn’t spoken to Mariano Rivera since the end of the regular season.
– There are no nagging injuries from any other player that we don’t know about.
– Girardi expects his coaches to return in 2013.
– And finally, Girardi will not discuss his contract that expires next season until next season is over.
If next season is Girardi’s last year…can there at least be a World Series trophy involved? Just saying.