Category Archives: Open Thread
Includes recap of day’s events.
Talk about what you want here. Some topics to talk about from the tweets below…..
Valentine confirms the obvious: Crawford rejoins club Monday., "Just got the word from Carl. Carl says he'll be there tomorrow.''—
Gordon Edes (@GordonEdes) July 15, 2012
Yankees have scored at least 3 runs in 39 straight games (since May 30). That marks the longest single-season streak in franchise history.—
Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) July 15, 2012
Good evening all the way the news is coming in it seems like A.J. Burnett could be gone tonight or maybe by tomorrow. Keep checking with us as we will have updates as soon as they come out.
Here is the latest tweet: From Andrew Marchand
To summarize, Yanks will receive $13-15M back in A.J. deal. So I would say it is likely $14M—
Andrew Marchand (@AndrewMarchand) February 16, 2012
* The Daily News reports that C.C. Sabathia is energized about this season with all the moves.
* The Star Ledger says the rotation after C.C. is still undecided.
Use this thread to talk about whatever you like. Enjoy the nite.
Good evening everybody. Here are a few notes & links to cap the day….
— Although we heard the Yankees and Pirates were at stand still for most of the day, things appear to have changed, says Newsday’s David Waldstein. Progress has been made today with the Yankees and both the Pirates and the “mystery team”, yet to be identified. The Yankees will probably strike a deal with whichever team provides the better offer.
— Kevin Kernan of the NY Daily News talked to Joba Chamberlain about “Linsanity” and the similarities he and Jeremy Lin share.
— Now that Yoenis Cespedes has signed with the Oakland Athletics, the attention is turning to fellow Cuban OF Jorge Soler. The 19 year old is drawing heavy interest from the Chicago Cubs and Miami Marlins in addition to many other teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Phillies. Ken Rosenthal writes that the bidding figures to be broader than for Cespedes. I’m sure the Yanks will be large participants in the bidding as Soler would be a terrific signing for them.
— Via Chad Jennings, Hector Noesi (the secondary piece sent to the Mariners in the Montero trade) expressed that he is happy to be on the Seattle Mariners now. He also marvels over the accomplishments of ace Felix Hernandez, saying that he “is someone all Latin Americans can be proud of, with what he’s done.”
Have a great night!
Good evening all. Still no trade yet involving Burnett. Some twists and turns with the rumors today. Also Buster Olney tweeted the the Yankees are in the running for Jorge Soler. I wrote about him early in the winter click here to read that. Here are some other links to get you through the night.
* The Washington Post reports that Pineda has already joined the team for some early workouts.
* MLB.com has an article ranking the best bullpens and the Yankees earned the top spot.
* According to CBS Sports’ Jon Heyman, the Pirates remain the likeliest trade candidate for A.J. Burnett.
This is your open thread feel free to comment about whatever you like.
Enjoy the nite.
Good evening all lots of chatter tonight about A.J. Burnett. Also some of the Yankees have arrived to the spring training complex which is a great sign. Here are some news and notes to get you going. Any thoughts share them in the comments section.
* First off our writer Matthew B. started our first ever Yankee Fans Unite Fantasy Baseball league. The league is half way filled so if you want in and even if your new to fantasy baseball give it a try. Click the link for all the information.
* The New York Post has a story about Jeter calling the new additions to the American League “scary”
* Newsday writer Erik Boland has a nice piece about Jeter beginning his 20th year in Yankee pinstripes.
* Sports Illustrated mentions that Vlad Guerrero wants to play for the Yankees.
The latest I have from Heyman came around 3:45 involving AJ
Enjoy the nite. Check back for updates.
the latest from Sherman
Here it is. Have at it.
* The Journal News suggests Jorge Vazquez could ”legitimately hit his way into roster contention” this spring.
* Yankees manager Joe Girardi acknowledged Johnny Damon as a player they could potentially pursue at designated hitter.
* The Red Sox and Roy Oswalt continue to have “mutual interest” in one another, according to FOXSports.com’s Ken Rosenthal.
Good Evening all. This is your open thread feel free to talk about whatever you like. As always I will provide some links and notes to get you started.
* Yankees manager Joe Girardi said Friday that he’d like to add another bat to the designated hitter mix.
* Nick Camino of WTAM 1100 in Cleveland reports that the Indians have a multi-year contract offer on the table to Asdrubal Cabrera.
* According to Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com, Manny Ramirez is deciding whether to pursue a contract with the Blue Jays, Orioles or Athletics.
Enjoy the weekend.
Good evening all. This is your open thread. Feel free to chat/rant/give thought to anything you wish. Like always I will provide some notes and links to get you started.
* FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal reports that the Orioles and A’s are “most interested” in Manny Ramirez.
* Nationals signed RHP Edwin Jackson to a one-year contract.
Enjoy the nite.
Good evening Yankees fans! There wasn’t much going on in Yankee land today but the Yankees did make some headlines.
- Curt Schilling had nothing nice to say about the Yankees as he even went as far as to say that the Yankees are the favorites in the AL East
- Yankees sent RHP Kevin Whelan outright to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
This is your open thread where you can talk about anything Yankees!
Thank you and have a great night!
Good evening all. We had our first interview with a Yankee Prospect today if you haven’t read it scan down below for our interview with Slade Heathcott. This is your Open Thread feel free to talk about whatever you like. I will get you started with some links and notes.
* According to ESPN Chicago’s Bruce Levine, former Cubs GM Jim Hendry has been hired by the Yankees. Hendry will function as a special assistant to Yankees general manager Brian Cashman as part of a multi-year agreement.
* Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports the Red Sox have offered free agent right-hander Edwin Jackson a one-year contract worth between $5-6 million.
Some quick links and notes. Talk about whatever you want.
Joel Sherman reports that the Yankees signed RHP Manny Delcarmen to a minor league contract.
According to Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM, Yoenis Cespedes is expected to travel to the United States within the next 7-10 days for face-to-face meetings with MLB teams.
Good evening all. If you like to watch a non-football game the Probowl is on tonight. This is your open thread to talk about whatever you wish. Below like always I will leave a couple notes and links to get you started.
* A’s assistant general manager David Forst said the club is still open to signing Manny Ramirez.
* Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Cardinals don’t have a deal in place for Roy Oswalt yet but “are trying to clear money to make it work.”
* Pitching coach Curt Young thinks it’s unlikely that Dallas Braden (shoulder) will be ready by Opening Day.
Good evening. Not a lot has happened in Yankee Land today, but another pitcher is off the Free Agent market. Roy Oswalt agreed to a deal with the St. Louis Cardinals.
This thread is for you to talk about anything that comes to your mind.
Have a good night.
Good evening all. This is your open thread. Feel free to talk about whatever you want. Some notes to get you started.
* Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that Hiroki Kuroda’s one-year, $10 million contract with the Yankees also contains a full no-trade clause.
* Tigers manager Jim Leyland said that when Victor Martinez (knee) returns in 2013, he will bat fifth behind Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder.
Enjoy the night.
Good evening all. This is your open thread so feel to talk about whatever you like. As always I will give some news and notes to get you going.
* All the arbitration cases for the Yankees are now done as LHP Boone Logan avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $1.875 million contract.
* Yankees finally completed the deal with Kuroda today.
* Mariners skipper Eric Wedge said Wednesday that there’s a “good possibility” that 38-year-old outfielder Ichiro Suzuki is moved away from the leadoff spot.
* Tigers manager Jim Leyland confirmed Thursday that Miguel Cabrera will indeed make the move over to third base to accommodate Prince Fielder at first base.
Good evening all. This is your open thread feel free to talk about anything you wish. Below are some topics to get you started.
* A-Rod sold his NYC condo and actually made a profit on the deal. Check the article out it has some pictures.
* Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com reports that the Red Sox have made an offer to free agent Roy Oswalt.
* Jim Bowden of ESPN.com and MLB Network Radio on Sirius XM reports that the Red Sox have also made an offer to Edwin Jackson
* According to MLB.com’s Jesse Sanchez, teams have been informed that Yoenis Cespedes is a free agent.
* The MLB channel will unveil The 2012 Top 100 Prospects tonight at 10pm. Check it out.
Also to note Andruw Jones is now on the roster (as of today) so I assume he has completed his physical. It is official here is an article from the WSJ.