It’s the first game of Interleague with the Yankees and Rockies! Here is the starting lineup!
– David Robertson will test his knee before the game. He anticipates that he’ll be able to pitch today.
– Brett Gardner will sit at least the beginning of the game out. Taking Gardner out of the lineup gives Joe Girardi some pinch-hitting options with Gardner, Travis Hafner and Brennan Boesch. In a dire situation, which one would you want?
Here we go, it’s the last game of the homestand! We have Andy Pettitte on the mound who plans to bounce back from his last start! Here’s the lineup!
Andy Pettitte LHP
Yankees are facing their old teammate Bartolo Colon in Game 2. This is a must win game for the Yankees if they want to even the series! Here’s the lineup.
RHP Phil Hughes
It’s a brand new series and we’re lucky enough to have our ace CC Sabathia on the mound! Let’s get to the lineups!
Lineup vs. Athletics:
CC Sabathia LHP
– The Yankees have officially placed Joba Chamberlain on the 15-day disabled list. The Yankees called up Preston Claiborne from Triple-AAA Scranton. The Yankees have DFA’d RHP Cody Eppley to make room for Claiborne on the 40-man roster.
– Tonight’s game is the 1,000th game that Joe Girardi will manage. He is 574-425 (.575) in his seven year managerial career.
It’s the series finale for the Yankees and Astros before an off-day tomorrow. Here’s your lineup!
David Phelps RHP
Notes and thoughts:
– Brett Gardner is out of the lineup again. As of right now, we’re speculating it’s a day-off but it’s a little odd. He just had a day-off on Sunday. I thought Gardner had enough offense to play against LHP. Gardner’s a better option than Ben Francisco, you know.
Here is the lineup. We’ll end the lineup post with some notes.
Hiroki Kuroda RHP
– The Yankees placed Kevin Youkilis on the 15-Day Disabled list with a lumbar spine sprain (retroactive to April 28.) The Yankees called up Corban Joseph to take his place on the roster. Why not David Adams? Well, David Adams was released, then re-signed and he’s not on the 40-man roster. He also wouldn’t have been eligible to come to the Majors until May 15, hence making Joseph the obvious choice at this point.
It’s that time of the season where we introduce the newest member of the AL…the Houston Astros. Let’s hope this ends out fun for the Yankees. Here’s your lineup.
Andy Pettitte HLP
Going for the series win! Here we go!
Andy Pettitte LHP
– Here’s how you know Summer is about to begin: It’s time to vote for the 2013 All-Star Game. Choose your favorite players and hope they get in. Click here and you could vote 25 times. Voting ends July 4.
– This year you can also vote for three players in each league to participate in the Home Run Derby at Citi Field. Robinson Cano is one of the nominees for the American League, so make sure you vote for Robbie!
Even from my sickbed I get to bring you guys the lineup. Here it is and enjoy the game. As for me, I’m going back to sleep.
Lineup vs. Rays:
LHP CC Sabathia