Andy pettite throwing batting practice
It’s the final day of Spring Training practice before the Yankees gear up for their first game on Friday (which unfortunately will not be televised). The Yankees will have an abbreviated workout since tomorrow they will go on a “field trip” that only Joe Girardi knows the location of. So let’s get to the links for today!
– Bobby Valentine had a lot to say about the Yankees commenting about A-Rod’s fight with Jason Varitek to Derek Jeter’s play in the 2001 ALDS. Derek Jeter responded the way he knows how; he practiced the flip play and then told reporters, “See, we do practice it.”
– I’m not sure if he was lost or something, but Terry Francona found his way to the Yankees clubhouse. He hugged Mariano Rivera and told Derek Jeter, “Great to see you…and I mean it this time.” We’ll were glad that your one of the announcers of ESPN…and we mean it this time.
– Mark Feinsand took some more videos of Yankees Batting practice and even caught a sight that no one thought would happen…Andy Pettite throwing pitches to Russell Martin during batting practice! Here are some of the videos:
Alex Rodriguez taking batting practice
Mark Teixeira takes batting practice
Yankees taking batting practice
Andy Pettite throwing batting practice to Russell Martin
– One Yankee that was missing from the team workouts was Robinson Cano. Cano is still in DR for his grandmother’s funeral. She passed away earlier this week.
– Russell Branyan (who was a long shot to make the team) experienced back spasms today.
– If you all watch YES Network, then the Yankees show that everyone loves ‘Yankees On Deck’ will return with new episodes on May 6, 2012. Some players such as David Robertson, Brett Gardner, Mark Teixeira, Joba Chamberlain & Russell Martin filmed segments for the show. Mark your calendars.
– Brett Gardner has been getting scrutiny from people on Twitter & Facebook for his comments last night on ‘Yankees Baseball Daily’ saying how the Yankees will win 100+ games and will get a parade in November. They compared Gardner to New York Jets coach Rex Ryan. Let me explain this: Gardner was asked if he thinks his team will go all the way. Rex Ryan just predicts it and fails at his predictions. Huge difference.
Use the comment section below to talk about whatever you’d like. Have a good night everyone! Hopefully we find out where the Yankees are going tomorrow for their field trip…tomorrow.